Lord of the Rings Wine Glass Charms
Ready for today’s simple but fun geek craft? Pick your favorite fandom(s) to be the theme of your homemade nerdy wine glass charms and feel free to pour yourself a glass to sip while you craft.
- 1-2 pairs of pliers; needle nose work best (2 pairs will be required if you need to open and close jump rings for charms already attached to a bracelet)
- Beads in assorted colors; I’d recommened 4-6mm sized beads
- Charms from your favorite fandom(s)
- Wine glass charm rings/earring hoops
- Annnddddd….you’ll probably want a couple of wine glasses and bottle of wine too 😉
1. If you purchased a charm bracelet, start by carefully removing the charms with your pliers. Each charm should be attached to the bracelet by a jump loop. Gently pull that loop partially open and remove the charm from the bracelet. Then re-close the jump loop.
2. If your beads have very small holes like mine did, you’ll need bend the wire loop locking latch so that it’s straighter so that the beads can maneuver around the corner.
3. String your beads and charm onto the wire hoop. It may help if you lay out your pattern completely before starting to string.
4. Once all the beads are in place, re-bend the hoop latch so it’s back at a 90 degree angle to keep the beads in place.
5. I’d recommend making a set of anywhere from 4-8 depending on the number of wine glasses you own, plus how many friends or family members you generally enjoy wine with.
Let your guests pick out their favorite wine glass charm and enjoy a glass of wine together. I just happened to have some Lord of the Rings wine on hand to enjoy today; a Galadriel Bordeaux Blanc to be specific!
Remember, if you enjoy reading my posts, then please join my email list so that you never miss a post!