Kirby’s Maxim Tomato Homemade Salsa Recipe
Anyone who’s familiar with Kirby knows that he loves to eat (inhale?) food. One food item that’s prevalent in most Kirby games is the Maxim Tomato. Maxim Tomatoes are glowing, red tomatoes with large black “M”s in the center. When eaten, they restore all of Kirby’s health. So, in honor of one of his favorite foods, today we’re going to be making Kirby’s Maxim Tomato homemade salsa. It’s fresh, super tasty, and quick to make!
Ingredients for Homemade Salsa
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans Mexican stewed tomatoes (e.g. use Ro-tel, Del Monte, or S&W varieties). You can also substitute fresh, Roma tomatoes (roughly 8 tomatoes), or regular [Hunt’s] stewed tomatoes in a can. If using canned tomatoes, drain them.
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced or sliced green chiles. These can also be purchased fresh and chopped instead (approximately 1/4 cup).
- 1 large fresh jalepeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3-1/2 cup white onion, diced. You can also use green onion if you prefer.
- 1/2 lime, juiced. You can also use 2 tablespoons of lime juice. Lemon juice or half a small lemon, juiced can also be used.
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped. If you love the flavor of cilantro, you can double this amount.
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- (Optional) 1 teaspoon chili powder for a bit of an extra kick.
Directions for Making Homemade Salsa
1. Prep your ingredients if you haven’t already done so:
- Drain your canned tomatoes, or quarter your fresh Romas.
- Slice or chop your onion.
- Chop & mince your garlic and cilantro.
- Juice your lemon or lime.
If you don’t have a blender on hand, you also finely chop all the ingredients and mix them together that way…..I finally got my Ninja blender for Christmas this past year! It’s the Nutri Ninja Auto-iQ Compact System model and I adore it! Honestly, if you’re going to splurge on a kitchen item, get one of these bad boys. It’s so nice having such a quality, versatile tool to use. I’m still working on the perfect smoothie recipe though 😉
All in total, the process only took about 20 minutes to complete -and I was stopping to take photos throughout the process. This recipe is perfect for you next game night, show marathon, or video game session.
Is there a fictional food you’d like to see a recipe for? Let me know in the comments and I’d be happy to come up with something tasty for you! Have a must-try smoothie recipe for me taste? Please share that with me too!