Harry Potter Pumpkin Juice Recipe
I’ll be honest, when I read about pumpkin juice while reading the Harry Potter books I wasn’t exactly too keen on trying the stuff. In fact, pumpkin isn’t one of my favorite flavors, nor am I overly fond of the smell. That being said, when I stumbled across a recipe for Harry Potter pumpkin juice I decided I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to try some -and develop a real opinion based on the taste of the juice.
Pumpkin Juice Ingredients
- 1 can frozen apple juice, from concentrate
- 2 cans of water (use juice can)
- 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin (*not pumpkin pie filling!)
- 1/4 cup of apricot preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pour the apple juice concentrate and water into a blender.
- Add the canned pumpkin, apricot preserves, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Blend on high until well incorporated. Alternatively, you could pour everything into a bowl and hand whisk/mix.
- Pour into glasses and serve.
It really doesn’t get much easier than that for a fun, fandom themed drink.
So, what was my final verdict? Well…it was okay. To be honest, the flavor of the apply juice was stronger than the pumpkin. I’m not big on apple juice, but the overall flavor wasn’t too bad. While I won’t be making this recipe weekly, I’d definitely be willing to make it for special (Harry Potter themed) events!
What about you? Have you ever tried pumpkin juice? What did you think? Have you been interested in trying? Ready to make the leap like I have? Leave a comment below and tell me your thoughts!