Game of Thrones Chicken Pot Pie
- Rotisserie chicken, shredded (I normally use 2-3 cups)
- 1-1.5 cups of chopped vegetables. I normally use a bag of mixed frozen vegetables. I prefer the corn, peas, green beans, and carrot blend.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 3x 14.5 oz cans of chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Idaho potato, diced
- 2 (9 inch) pie crusts -Make your own or use store bought. When buying I get a deep dish frozen crust for the bottom and a 9 in crust from the fridge section.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large pot combine 2 cans of chicken broth and the diced potato; bring to a boil. After 5 minutes of cooking, add in the chicken, garlic, black pepper, poultry seasoning, and vegetables. Simmer for another 10 minutes, before turning the heat off.
3. Drain and reserve 2.5 cups of the broth from your pot and add to a second pot (use the third can of chicken broth to reach the full amount).
4. In the second pot, combine the drained broth with the salt, flour, celery seed, and milk; mix thoroughly. Simmer on medium-low heat until the mixture thickens, stirring occasionally.
5. Mix the contents of both pots together.
6. Brush your bottom crust in an egg wash and bake for 5 minutes before filling.
7. Once the pie crust is filled, put in place the top crust and seal the edges well. Add slits for ventilation and decoration if desired (I made the House Stark wolf sigil using extra crust).
8. Bake until the crust is a golden brown, about 40 minutes. Allow the pie to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
How’d your pie turn out? Which house sigil or nerdy image did you decorate with? Have a favorite line or quote from Game of Thrones / A Song of Ice and Fire? Share below in the comments!