Harry Potter Workout Guide (+ H.P. Inspired Workout Outfit)
This Friday is July 31st. You know what that means? Harry Potter’s birthday of course. You know what that entails? It’s Potter Week right now! …I know, I know…I did a DIY craft project for a Harry Potter themed version of Guess Who last week. Yes, I normally try to rotate my fandoms from week to week, but I couldn’t pass up Harry’s birthday week!
- Anytime house points are awarded or taken away: Do 20 jumping jacks
- Someone rides a broom: Jog in place for the duration of the flight
- Whenever a ghost or portrait is spoken to/with: 10 crunches
- Whenever Harry’s scar hurts or is referenced: 20 knee highs
- Each time Hagrid says, “I shouldn’t have said that…” : 15 squats
- Whenever a pet is seen: 10 calf raises
- Meal time in the Great Hall: 15 mountain climbers
- Fred and/or George make a joke or pull a prank (Weasley Wizard Wheezes product testing counts): 10 push-ups
- Each flashback or memory-based scene/cutaway: 10 skater lunges
- Dumbledore appears: Hold plank position for 30 seconds
- A spell is (verbally) cast: 5 burpees
As a side note, this is not meant to be a serious workout routine, but rather a fun bit of exercise while you enjoy the movie(s). If you really want to lose weight, set up a steady workout routine and combine it with a healthy diet. If any exercise hurts, please discontinue to prevent injury.Of course, what workout wouldn’t be complete without an empowering outfit? Check out these two fun options: women’s team Gryffindor ensemble or a men’s house Slytherin outfit.
Which Harry Potter house do you think you’d be sorted into? I’m pretty sure I’d be in Ravenclaw myself. Anyone have any other plans for Potter Week?! Share in the comments below.