Cosplay Emergency Repair Kit
After hours, days, and months of hard work it’s finally time to debut your cosplay outfit! Don’t let a popped button or an accidental bump with another con-goer ruin your cosplay and your day.
Be ready to save the day with your emergency cosplay repair kit. This little kit is cheap and easy to put together, plus it’s super travel friendly and easy to carry around on con day.
What to Pack in Your Travel Emergency Cosplay Repair Kit
- safety pins
- spare buttons
- travel sewing kit
- small Swiss army knife or pair of scissors
- super glue and fabric glue
- bobby pins
- rubber band and/or hair ties
- extra beads, sequins, or jewels if your cosplay has them
- touch-up makeup
- double-sided fashion tape
- Tide-to-Go pen
- wig cap
- wig brush
- travel hairspray
What to Store in Your Hotel Room for Cosplay Repair
In addition to the small items you can easily carry on your person, you may wish to have the below items on hand too. Some of these you may want to carry, others you may want to leave in the hotel room. It depends on what you think you’ll need most, how much space you have to carry on your person, and how far your hotel room is from the con floor.
- comfortable flats or sneakers to switch into
- hot glue gun with extra glue sticks
- replacement tights or clear nail polish to stop nylon runs
- zip ties
- duct tape or electrical tape
- small containers of touch-up paint and brushes if you’re costume may require it
- lint roller
What are the must-have items in your cosplay repair kit? Did I forget anything on my list?
Let me know in the comments below!
Also, stay tuned for future articles on what to pack in your convention emergency kit and an entire packing checklist for a weekend con. The cosplay emergency kit is just one small part of both of these lists.