Tiana’s Slow Cooker Jambalaya
In the Princess and the Frog, Tiana rules the kitchen and is always cooking or baking up something delicious. To bring some of that New Orleans flavor up north, I decided to whip up a slow cooker jambalaya.
This meal is super simple to put together and it perfect for busy work days. Plus, it makes great leftovers.
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast – cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 pound andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 2 cups uncooked rice
(Mix together and store in an air-tight container)
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 5 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons salt
1. Dice the red bell pepper, onion, celery. Cut up the sausage and chicken.
2. In a slow cooker, mix the chicken, sausage, tomatoes with juice, onion, bell pepper, celery, creole seasoning, and broth.
3. Cover, and cook in the crock pot for 6-7 hours on low (recommended), or 3 to 4 hours on high.
4. Cook the rice separately and stir it in during the last 30 minutes of cook time.
If you still want a flavorful meal, but don’t do well with spice, just adjust the spice amounts in your creole seasoning. I’d recommend decreasing the white and cayenne pepper.
Want to see other Disney inspired meals come to life? Let me know in the comments below!