The X-Files TV Workout Routine
The X-Files originally aired on TV for 9 seasons on Fox, starting back in 1993. This past Sunday, the 24th, The X-Files premiered the 1st episode of its 6-episode mini-series reboot. Still marathoning to catch-up? Already enjoying the mini-series? Use this X-Files inspired workout to get a little more out of your TV watching session. -The truth is out there …you want to be in shape to discover it, right?!
The X-Files Workout Routine
- Theme song: Hold plank position for duration of song
- Commercial breaks: Jog in place
- Someone says, “The truth is out there.”: 10 crunches
- Every time Mulder or Scully say each other’s name: 20 knee highs
- Every time they’re at a crime scene: 10 squats
- Every time they’re in the lab: 15 calf raises
- Someone flashes an FBI badge: 15 mountain climbers
- Mulder has a bizarre theory (UFO’s?) or Scully seems skeptical: 10 push-ups
- Someone dies: 10 skater lunges
- Scientific jargon is used: Do 20 jumping jacks
- Mulder & Scully chase after a suspect: 5 burpees
- Whenever there’s an appearance by X, The Lone Gunman, Smoking Man, Bounty Hunter, Krycek, or Deep Throat: 10 triceps dips
- Every time they make a connection between cases: 5 supermans
Hope you don’t mind knee highs *wink* Here’s a link to a printable version of The X-Files workout, as well as instructions and tips for performing the various workout moves. Not sure what a burpee is, or how to do a mountain climber? That link will provide photo instructions for assistance. Also, remember to stay hydrated when working out!
As a side note, this is not meant to be a serious workout routine, but rather a fun bit of exercise while you enjoy the show. If you really want to lose weight, set up a steady workout routine and combine it with a healthy diet. If any exercise hurts, please discontinue to prevent injury.